GeneProof PCR Panel for Sexually Transmitted Infections
Features and Benefits
Ease of Use
- Single tube Ready-to-use Master Mix, no additional PCR reagent pipetting required
- Quality proven by EQA panels results
- One Workflow allows combining PCR kits, includinh those from different diagnostic groups, in a single run.
Full STI PCR Panel
What is One Workflow?
One Workflow is an innovative solution that allows combining PCR kits from different diagnostic groups in a single run using a universal PCR profile. This enables detection of multiple parameters in one run – even DNA and RNA pathogens at the same time. This is a game-changer in molecular diagnostics.
Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
STIs, or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), are those most often transmitted through sexual contact, but can also be transmitted to children from infected mothers during pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding.1 There are over 20 different types of STIs and the CDC estimates that 1 in 5 people in the United States alone is infected.2 Certain STIs often go undetected as they can present few if any symptoms and those symptoms may be attributed to other diseases. Human papillomavirus (HPV) is an STI that can easily go undetected and untreated which in some cases can lead to cancer.
The Importance of Screening for Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Infections
Image courtesy of cancer.gov
HPV is the most common STI in the United States and consists of both low-risk and high-risk types.3 High-risk HPV infections are responsible for most cervical cancers which is the fourth most common cancer among women worldwide.4 HPV16 and HPV18, targeted by most HPV vaccines, are responsible for 70% of cervical cancer and pre-cancerous cervical. GeneProofs’s Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Screening PCR Kit provides unique detection of 24 high-risk HPV types including differentiation of 16, 18, and 45 types.
PCR Testing Solution for STIs To address the need for a complete solution for comprehensive testing across many types of STIs, we now offer a PCR panel for STIs with high sensitivity and specificity. View the full STI PCR Solution here.
GeneProof HPV Screening PCR Kit
High Specificity: Unique detection of 24 high-risk HPV types with differentiation of 16, 18, and 45 types. Request a Quote
For Research Use Only in North America. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Featured STI PCR Kits
- GeneProof CT/NG/MG Multiplex PCR Kit$1,150.00
The GeneProof CT/NG/MG Multiplex PCR Kit detects and distinguishes the most important STI pathogens in a single reaction tube: Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, and Mycoplasma genitalium.
- GeneProof MH/UU/UP Multiplex PCR Kit$1,150.00The GeneProof MH/UU/UP Multiplex PCR Kit detects and distinguishes the important STI pathogens in a single reaction tube: Mycoplasma hominis, Ureaplasma urealyticum, and Ureaplasma parvum. For Research Use Only in North America.
- GeneProof Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV-1/2) PCR Kit$1,428.00The GeneProof Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV-1/2) PCR Kit detects and distinguishes Herpes Simplex Virus 1 and Herpes Simplex Virus 2 in a single reaction tube. For Research Use Only in North America.