Technical Support Specialist
- Act as the initial point of contact for post-sale technical support for all organically manufactured products by providing technical assistance and assay troubleshooting to confirm or refute product failures from the field
- Act as the corporate liaison with ALPCO’s vendors for any inquiries/complaints related to externally sourced products
- Establish and maintain a high-level of proficiency in both theoretical and practical working knowledge of immunoassay applications/workflows/related instrumentation
- Act as in-house resident expert for related automated open platforms for chromogenic and chemiluminescent detection systems
- Assist existing customers with data analysis
- Perform complaint investigations via in-house product testing as necessary, and independently execute assay and reagent troubleshooting
- Aid in the development of training materials to provide sales support including: customer visits, product/application demonstrations, seminars/workshops and sample analysis
- Track, record and document relevant complaint handling information in compliance with company policy to meet its quality system obligations (per 21 CFR Part 820 and ISO 13485 standards)
- Manage the customer product complaint process in a timely manner and solve customer escalations effectively to maintain customer satisfaction and regulatory compliance
- Travel (up to 20-30%) to provide on-site field application support and training on ALPCO ELISA products and related platforms
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Master’s degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biotechnology, or other related area required; PhD desirable.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the principles of immunoassays, assay development and the applicability in different research & clinical fields.
- Excellent knowledge of Plate readers, ELISA automation and data reduction software (e.g. Dynex, Hamilton, Tecan, Luminex, Molecular Devices, Biotek, Softmax Pro, Gen 5 and XLfit).
- 5+ years in a related scientific/technical role, with a minimum of 2 years working in a customer facing role.
- Excellent customer service skills, enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to work autonomously and adept at independent learning
- Highly skilled at critical thinking, problem solving and multi-tasking.
- Must possess strong oral/written communication, organizational and effective presentations skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: must enjoy conversing and interacting with technical professionals.
- Possess an innate intellectual curiosity and desire for continual learning and personal development