The Product Manager (PM) is someone that is highly passionate about product management and is ultimately accountable for the overall growth and profitability of their product portfolio. The PM is responsible for providing significant input into product line-related business decisions and resource planning. The PM is responsible for driving improvements to the overall financial performance for a product or product lines. He/she will develop and implement product portfolio plans, including definition of new product features and launch plans. He/She will coordinate efforts of various departments in development and release of new products. He/She will direct new product development activities, including new product specifications, as well as developing product positioning, pricing, promotion, and distribution. The PM will act as the liaison between the internal and external teams. The PM is responsible for top line revenue and gross margin of the portfolio.
- Manage product line portfolio; identify new products to be developed, as well as products to be discontinued to achieve above average market growth. Conduct competitive research to support product portfolio recommendations.
- Be a product champion and expert for product portfolio and key products within product portfolio.
- Manage product life cycle and drive product line rationalization to optimize product line profitability. Gate keeper of overall product line profitability; with R&D, operations and logistics to identify and drive cost reduction programs.
- Provide product training to sales, customer and technical support, external customers and partners as well as distributors where applicable.
- Conduct in-depth competitive analysis, drive competitive benchmarking, and develop effective product positioning.
- Coordinate timing of product launch and generation of marketing materials so that Company guidelines are met, and materials are available at time of launch. Co-develop sales tools including brochures, advertisements, and other materials which provide viable content and positioning for product and distribute via appropriate channel. Assess launch effectiveness upon completion.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Travel up to 25%
Skills & Qualifications
- Technical Bachelor’s degree (biology preferred), advanced degree in science and/or business a plus
- 3+ years product management of global product lines, ideally with experience in immunoassays in life science research and/or diagnostics
- Demonstrated ability to consistently operate independently, with initiative, and good business judgment
- Team player with the ability to influence and lead projects with credibility
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Familiarity with CRM and project management software programs is a plus