A successful candidate in this position will be able to thrive in a high paced atmosphere. The Manufacturing Technician III is expected to follow established procedures under minimal supervision in the manufacture and testing of ELISA kits and components; is familiar with a variety of the laboratory and manufacturing concepts, practices and procedures; relies on experience to plan and maintain production demands; performs a variety of tasks; and may lead and direct the work of junior staff. A moderate degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Responsible for execution of manufacturing schedule, including documentation requests, in-process qualification testing, component sequestration, and coordination with Quality Control for release testing of organically manufactured products.
- Supports and maintains program and methods for bulk inventory control, including ordering, tracking, sequestration and waste.
- Participates directly in and documents the operation, maintenance, and calibration of manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Tracks bulk and component materials in Great Plains by opening and receiving manufacturing orders.
- Performs routine conjugations and other established procedures.
- Aids in preparation / revision of process manufacturing documents, BOM and component matrix lists.
- Assures proper materials and quantities are added according to established SOP, performs checks to insure accurate use of weights and measures. Interacts with Quality Control and Quality Assurance to provide information and support to insure quality of intermediate and finished products.
- Responsible for filling/dispensing/labeling of bulk solutions into final packaging. May assist in kit assembly.
- Responsible for training junior level manufacturing staff on routine procedures.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
Skills & Qualifications
- Associate Degree/Certificate in Biology or related field and/or 5+ years manufacturing experience in a laboratory with an emphasis in immunoassays.
- GMP experience is a preferred.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adequate computer skills; MS Office Programs.
- Detail orientation and multitasking skills necessary to be successful.